[Homeroast] OT: The Loss of my Best Friend

Peter Louton peter at midwestbicycleworks.com
Sat Oct 9 15:12:01 CDT 2010

Hi Lynne,

I'm am so sorry for your loss.  I lost, Godiva, my lab of 15 years and 10 months, almost 5 years ago and I still think about her every day.  It gets easier, but I don't think it gets better.  Even though it was  the 3rd hardest thing I've ever had to do, I am so glad I was with her at the end.  I always try to tell myself another story about her and something she did.  Good or bad, like the time she was almost a year old and thought all of my girlfriends underwear was a soft chewtoy.  It is funny now, but she left her with one pair of underwear, the pair she was wearing.  I do know that if she was alive now, my green beans would be fair game for her to eat and enjoy.  She loved small crunchy things.  Well, Lynne, I'll drink a toast tonight  at work for Shiloh.

Peter

-- Sent from my Palm Pre