[Homeroast] OT: The Loss of my Best Friend

mary deem catechumenes at gmail.com
Sat Oct 9 11:18:43 CDT 2010

I am so sorry about your loss. So often it is our pets that provide that
perfect unspoken comfort...and you lost yours just when you needed him the
most.  I am glad that you have Emma and Sammy though.

I lost my favorite horse Jolie 5 years ago and I still miss her. To this day
there are are a few songs (I used to ride to music) that remain hers only.

I was talking to an older neighbor yesterday who had to sell his horses due
to his ill health (cancer). His doctor recommended that he stop riding and
get rid of his horses.  He said that he loved those horses and selling them
'took the pizazz out of him'.

I think he expressed perfectly what happens when we lose our pets - we loose
a little part of ourselves.

Like Michael, I have experienced some of the greatest growth during these
times. I think it is important to reach out to friends and family...and even
this humble mailing list.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Mary