[Homeroast] Drum rotation > Jimma > PID iRoast

Martin Maney maney at two14.net
Sat Oct 9 09:39:31 CDT 2010

On Sun, Oct 03, 2010 at 11:16:04PM -0600, raymanowen at gmail.com wrote:
> I've been wondering how to fabricate and install a thermal measuring device
> that would Not be affected by the passing hot air that got the little orbs
> hot in the first place. Wouldn't they be on the median between the incoming
> air and exhaust air temperatures? Something is exactly that hot- I say it's
> the beans.

Non seq.  The difference between the incoming and outgoing air temps
relates to the energy being imparted to the beans and chamber, not to
the temperature of the beans.  Not sayin' there isn't a connection at
all, but it's not as simple as that average.

--
On televison everything that happpens is connected;
it's got to be.  In life, marvelously unconnected things