[Homeroast] Coffee and milk

Lynne lynnebiz at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 22:49:59 CDT 2010

Totally agree, MiKe, although I would not have said it so eloquently. :D I
won't, however, be trying that decadent and very tempting combination that
you and Bryan created. I need to lose weight, and the past year and (almost)
a half in no-man's land has kept me house bound too much, and I don't need
any extra help with the widening of my hips, lol! What I do like is when I
whip up nonfat milk w/my Bamix (stick blender). I make it thick so I'm
fooling myself into thinking it's cream (whipped cream even).

I feel - to each his or her own. I've had too many people in the past trying
to tell me what to do with every bit of my life. Lord knows, I don't want to
do the same to others.

For me - I'll always love the taste and texture of cream in my coffee. I
drink it black sometimes (oh, that first black moka-cup after my months long
imprisonment with grocery-store coffee was like an elixir from heaven!) But
I do love to add milk (was strong and bought nonfat for awhile - whole is
great, but I'm compromising for my health & buying 2%), making a very strong
version of an Americano (my own version, cuz I don't need no stinkin' rules.
;D)

Alas, I am lactose intolerant - I can drink a small amt, but would be wise
to do w/out it altogether. Hate the flavor of soy milk in my homeroast - has
an awful slight aftertaste that drives me nuts. Speaking of which, haven't
found a tasty nut milk that I'd like in my coffee either. The lactose free
milks don't work for me, either.

Sigh... think I'm headed back to training myself back to drinking black. As
long as I do a decent job w/the homeroast, I'm fine. Unfortunately, I've had
more than my share of trouble the past few months, so my roasting might not
be totally up to par.

Lynne