[Homeroast] Electrical question on coffee brewers

miKe mcKoffee mcKona at comcast.net
Thu Oct 7 00:59:53 CDT 2010

All electrical theory aside, heating the water to a specified temperature is
not the same thing as dispensing the same water temperature to the grinds so
likely not defective or technically false advertising. For example one might
PID a Silvia brew boiler, but an offset must be set to compensate for the
lower temperature at the group. The PID then "displays" the brew temp, not
the actual higher boiler temp. Same principle for a dripper, there will be
heat loss from the maximum heated water temp...

Slave to the Bean  miKe mcKoffee
www.CompassCoffeeRoasting.com
http://www.mckoffee.com/

http://themeyers.org/HomeRoast/