[Homeroast] Best resting time for espresso

Derek Bradford derekbradford at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 15:03:26 CDT 2010

Since, ultimately, the deciding factor is how the espresso tastes, and since
taste is so subjective, I don't think there could be a non-human-biased
answer to the question.  Given the myriad of variables that impact the beans
as they journey from immediately roasted to demitasse, I can't imagine how
one could derive a scientific answer to when something tastes 'best'.

Beyond a couple extremes at either end of the rest time continuum, there
really is no 'best' resting time.

--Derek

--
Every path but your own is the path of fate.  --Thoreau