[Homeroast] Jimma > PID iRoast

ricky carter rickylc99 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 16:37:01 CDT 2010

350 grams batch size, about 10 seconds after 1st got rolling i started
opening the door pretty aggressively from 5 to 15 seconds at a time, then
closing for a little less than that time and opening again, taking direction
from how fast the beans were cracking.  I was able to keep a fairly
reasonable, not out of control 1st crack going for about 2 1/2 minutes, then
things slowed for the last 1 minute 10 seconds.

When I open the door, it is usually about 3 or 4 inches, almost to the 1st
"stop" where it will stay open by itself at about 45 degree angle.

I brewed some up this morning, 12 hours post roast, and it was nice,
surprisingly so.  Sweet and fruity, thin body, but pleasing in every
respect. we'll see how it ages :)