[Homeroast] Quest M3 on order

Hank Perkins hankperkins at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 17:46:22 CST 2010

A year ago my original Hot Top died. I had rebuilt it 3 times and wanted to wait for the rumored large cap Hot Top so after careful consideration I ordered the Behmor. I have had a love hate relationship with the Behmor, so I ordered a Quest M3 today. I had hoped Hot Top would come out with the larger capacity version by now but I am weary of waiting. I do look forward to a roaster that doesn't use filters like the Hot Top. I also look forward to playing with a manual roaster that I can add automation and modify as I choose.

For the last several years I have priced small commercial roasters and sample roasters. I long for a gas fired roaster. I have not looked forward to a roaster that requires a permeant
installation or the exhaust fan and gas line expense. In the end, I just can't justify the price tag.  This option looks to be a good compromise for me.

I really love the fact that I can roast load after load without waiting for the roaster to cool. I also like the idea that I can shove a heat gun down the tryer hole and increase the capacity Up around 300g.

I am excited!!

Thanks,

Hank