[Homeroast] Suggestions on Popper Roasting in Winter Months?

Janomac janomac at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 07:42:45 CST 2010

I use the ol' cardboard box trick, add a few more beans (to increase heat
mass during roasting), and shorten my extension cord. I also pullout the
plastic deflector that came with the original poppery I, and use it to
re-direct the air flow back down into the cardboard box better. I close 3 of
the 4 flaps and moderate air flow by removing/adding the deflector. Since
air poppers tend to roast "fast," I generally have more control over
roasting times in winter than in summer and get my best roasts while working
in a frigid garage.

Kirk