[Homeroast] Behmor P2 Help

Bob Hazen peatmonster at comcast.net
Mon Nov 29 22:47:33 CST 2010

P2 works well for me.  My baseline setting is P2 1lb "C" for 21:30 on the
clock.  I roast 335 g of coffee on that setting.  The power drop typically
occurs within 20 s either side of 1st crack.  I'll hit 2nd at around 18 min
if I let it go to that point.  This is a good place for me to start on most
coffees >with my roaster, and my line voltage< but I may use the "B" setting
with some coffees.  A recent surprise, Jimma, didn't take to this approach
AT ALL!  Thanks to others on the list, I learned that Jimma likes one to
dynamite the brakes.  As such, I'll be supplementing my method with some
door wagging next time.

Bob