[Homeroast] Behmor P2 Help

Dennis Guyer adg22 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 29 16:08:44 CST 2010

From: "Yakster" <yakster at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Homeroast] Behmor P2 Help

>I went from using P2 for the power drop to just opening the door and
> watching the thermocouple temperature to mimic a P2 profile but with me
> controlling when to drop the temps.

Yakster.

I would like to try the probe.  Where do you tape the probe and what will
take the heat to hold it in place.

> Now, I pre-heat the Behmor without the beans for about 1:30 so that the
> beans start at about 200 degrees F to try and take some of the seasonal
> variation out of roasting.

I'm a little confused on the beans at 200 degrees if they are not in the
Behmor when you start the pre-heat.  Do you mean the interior starts at 200
degrees and builds from there?

Dennis