[Homeroast] Suggestions on Popper Roasting in Winter Months?

Yakster yakster at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 13:23:56 CST 2010

When I was roasting with a hot air popcorn popper, I would place the popper
inside a large stock pot to keep the wind from blowing away all the heat.
If it was really cold or I was having problems with a slow roast, I had a
second large stock pot that I could put over the top while monitoring the
temperature with a thermocouple to get it to first crack.  This really built
up the heat and moved things along, but keep in mind that this is risky and
operating well outside that hot air popcorn poppers design specs.

I think building a wind block would get you quite a ways towards your goal.

-Chris