[Homeroast] Suggestions on Popper Roasting in Winter Months?

Joe charliebrown at nc.rr.com
Sun Nov 28 19:36:27 CST 2010

Hello All,

I'm sort of a newbie at the whole home roasting thing (been roasting for
less than a year) and my method is using a hot air popper. I've noticed
of course that now that it's gotten colder out, it seems to take a very
long time for the beans to roast (sometimes more than 20 minutes to
reach first crack). Not really being able to roast indoors much since
others hate the sound of the fire alarm constantly going off, I sort of
feel like I'm fighting a losing battle against nature. Does anyone have
any suggestions/recommendations on how to roast outdoors using a hot air
popper so I'm not freezing to death waiting for the roast to complete?
Any tips are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Joe