[Homeroast] Sad day in coffee history

Dave Huddle 137trimethyl26dioxopurine at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 10:51:39 CST 2010

On this day in 1942, coffee joins the list of items rationed in the
United States. Despite record coffee production in Latin American
countries, the growing demand for the bean from both military and
civilian sources, and the demands placed on shipping, which was needed
for other purposes, required the limiting of its availability.

I wasn't directly impacted by the rationing, as I was a bit less than
2 years old at the time.   (I began drinking coffe in my milk about 5
or 6 years later.)

Dave
Westerville, OH