[Homeroast] In the cup on Thanksgiving...

Allon Stern allon at radioactive.org
Sat Nov 27 09:24:28 CST 2010

This didn't make the list (as far as I can tell) so I'm resending it.

So, I tried my first gesha.

Part of the problem of being the only coffee drinker in the house is appreciating special coffees - hence I managed to wait until a family gathering before cracking the vacuum seal on the dry processed gesha; I can see why this is a prized coffee, it's very smooth, balanced with nice flowery, citrusy, and spicy notes which don't dominate.

A calm, relaxing cup to have with pie after a thanksgiving feast. Maybe not  my regular cup - I usually go for edgy, wild flavors :D

I roasted it in the PID'ed iRoast2. I was amazed at how evenly this coffee roasted - not just the final roast, but at every point. As it was in the drying/yellowing stage, it changed appearance evenly; as the coffee darkened, it looked like it was being airbrushed darker. Freaky.

Is this the gesha, or the quality of the coffee itself, or due to the vacuum packing of the greens?
Anyone else ever notice this?
-
allon