[Homeroast] Thanksgiving Ramblings

michael brown disracer at msn.com
Fri Nov 26 11:48:31 CST 2010

I have also been sick. But it seems to have been a short lived (72hr) bug.  My brother and his girlfriend were in town from Denver and they suggested something i had never heard of. Hydrogen Peroxide...in my ears.  I was desperate enough to try anything...the sinus pressure was unbearable. So i tried it. At first its almost unbearable because someone is pouring a liquid in your ear, but as it starts to fizzle i could feel it working its magic on all the crud and pressure. Felt a lot better afterward and who's to say, this might have been an illness that would have lingered for weeks.  I really do believe it helped shorten the life of my cold or whatever it was.  If your in enough discomfort, i'd say try it!
Now about coffee.  My brother is a fellow enthusiast. He was enthralled with my many toys. He ended up falling in love with my most recent joy, the Aeropress and also really enjoyed the CCD.  Also pulled several shots of my standard espresso blend.He was here for the whole week so we went through three coffees i had at the house, then threw together a few haphazard blends. one was really good that i plan to work on further.Thanksgiving is always special to me. It is our family's big holiday. We never know who will be where for Christmas but it's understood we all come together then travel to my Grandparent's house in MS to feast. It was another one for the books.
I'm thankful for God's grace, my family, friends, and the many fellowships i'm involved in.Roast on friends!
Michael Bb'ham, AL