[Homeroast] Happy Thanksgiving

Allon Stern allon at radioactive.org
Wed Nov 24 21:47:30 CST 2010

On Nov 24, 2010, at 9:32 PM, Sandy Andina wrote:
>  But I never thought to save and reduce the cooking liquid--usually, it gets resorbed by the berries as they cool.

Ahh, as they cool. No, I smash the berries while they're hot through a china cap strainer.
The jellied bits of the cranberries ooze through, the skins and most of the seeds are left behind and discarded.
And the syrup turned out just awesome. From three bags of cranberries (minus two cups removed for cranberry nut bread), enough water to almost float the berries, strained out after the berries pop; I added two cups of sugar and boiled it a bit more; it didn't really need to be boiled down much.

-
allon