[Homeroast] Thailand green coffee

Frank Parth fparth at mac.com
Tue Nov 23 01:24:24 CST 2010

Following up on Phil's great tour, I'm at the airport in Bangkok now, waiting for my flight back to Los Angeles
and home.

My better half and I have spent the last 10 days in Vietnam. Once a year I do some pro bono teaching at a college in
Saigon. This year I was asked to appear on Vietnamese television on a business-related show.

When flying from Saigon to Hanoi for the taping, there was an article in the Vietnamese Airline magazine on "Weasel
Coffee", the Vietnamese version of Kopi Luwak.  I thought it was being written up because it's so "exotic". But I was
wrong.

In walking to dinner in the old district of Hanoi one night we came across a coffee shop. Shur'  nuff, they had Weasel
Coffee prominently displayed out front. I took a snapshot and posted it to my personal web site here:
http://fparth.com/weasel_coffee.jpg

Thanks, but I think I'll just roast another pound of Harar when I get home tomorrow.

Frank