[Homeroast] BBQ drum roasting, Thoughts on adding convection

Tom Ulmer tom at transtate.us
Sun Nov 21 09:37:46 CST 2010

I roast using a solid drum as well. The heat in my method comes from a
portable propane grill which is modified to solely roast coffee. The lid
allows for air flow which comes from a tabletop fan focused at the unit.
Additionally the fan works quite well to slam on the brakes if necessary.
Granted this is not very elegant and you have a bit of a chaff and smoke
windstorm but it is extremely functional.