[Homeroast] Quest M3

raymanowen at gmail.com raymanowen at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 03:38:51 CST 2010

I just get a charge out of it. Back in the day, transistors were more like
thermometers- the operating point would drift with the temperature of the
Germanium junctions!

Earliest Variac were Lionel train variable transformers. Hooked them up
back-to-back to blue dot some outdoor Christmas light bulbs.

When I roasted half of the Sulawesi A A Wet Process Toraja 1# sample, I had
no clue what it would taste like- I just followed Tom's roasting suggestions
and stopped the roast on the dime when it got to the middle of his
recommended range, for a total roast time of 18m:32s . After a couple of
days of flavor progression, my Honey asked- "Can we get more of this one,
the Sulawesi?"

"Go for it, babe. Get a Fiver!"

Maybe if I roast some for her Dr., the bill will quit growing like Jack's
beanstalk. Guess that's what happens when you take a 10-day camping vacation
at St. Anthony North campground

-ro