[Homeroast] Behmor Temp Help

Ira ira at extrasensory.com
Thu Nov 11 17:57:14 CST 2010

At 09:30 AM 11/11/2010, you wrote:
>Is this normal?

Yes

>Is my temp probe faulty?how can I use this data?

Since you can't get the probe in the bean mass all you can get is the
environmental temperature at some point in the roaster.  I have 2
probes in my Behmor and one reads 100 degrees hotter than the other.
The hot one is taped to the bottom and ends up in the middle of the
rear wall near the elements, the cold one is hooked over the chaff
tray on the left side. It's unclear that either gives useful
information but you can see things like the starting temperature and
the rate of rise for the first few minutes which might be useful
indicators. You can also see when the afterburner turns on.

Ira