[Homeroast] Behmor Temp Help

Yakster yakster at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 14:02:12 CST 2010

Check your probe in your kitchen oven for comparison.

My probe is just below the bottom element and I get to 200 F in one minute
pre-heat and am usually at 430 - 450 at first crack.

-Chris

Pecked out on my mobile phone.
On Nov 11, 2010 9:33 AM, "Hank Perkins" <hankperkins at gmail.com> wrote:
> Now I am confused, not that this would be the first time. I have
completely cleaned the inside of my Behmor. I then mounted a thermocouple
just behind the clip the bean drum rides in on the left side of the roaster.
It never measured higher than 270 degrees F. I was roasting 13 oz of
Guatemalan. I used a 1:45 preheat without the beans. Roaster measured up to
178 before I cut it off. The beans roasted as well as I have been able to
achieve with the Behmor. My laser temp probe registered 380 when I cracked
the door and pointed the laser at the beans. Can someone explain the
difference in the two temps?