[Homeroast] Behmor Temp Help

Hank Perkins hankperkins at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 11:30:48 CST 2010

Now I am confused, not that this would be the first time.  I have completely cleaned the inside of my Behmor. I then mounted a thermocouple just behind the clip the bean drum rides in on the left side of the roaster.  It never measured higher than 270 degrees F. I was roasting 13 oz of Guatemalan. I used a 1:45 preheat without the beans. Roaster measured up to 178 before I cut it off. The beans roasted as well as I have been able to achieve with the Behmor. My laser temp probe registered 380 when I cracked the door and pointed the laser at the beans.  Can someone explain the difference in the two temps?

Is this normal?
Is my temp probe faulty?how can I use this data?

Thanks,

Hank