[Homeroast] Quest M3

Joseph Robertson theotherjo at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 10:46:43 CST 2010

More OT Power Talk............
RayO,
Do you have any experience with the new digital motor controlers, like my
Eaton Culter Hammer MVX 9000 AF Drive.
I have been running my 3phase grinder on it. Sweet little boxes.
  The first PUD guy I called said I need to ditch the road out front to
bring in 3phase or put a pole in and run over head for a small fee of about
5K.
After I choked I started making phone calls and discovered there is ahhhh,
modern alternative to the older analog spinning motors to generate a 3rd
phase for about 350.00. After the job got done the local power company
dropped by to look at it because they had never seen one before. I started
to feel nervous that I might know more than the guys I called for help.
Just wondering if you have had a chance to work with them? Or may have an
opinion about these little units?
Now back to roasting..........
JoeR