[Homeroast] Quest M3

raymanowen at gmail.com raymanowen at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 02:22:22 CST 2010

"Can this roaster be operated on 220v or just 110v?"

I have no idea about the QM3, but I have worked on many very high powered
conveyor ovens. Some were designed as multi voltage, jumper-selectable
machines for worldwide application.

It really is intuitive to the meanest intelligence that the heaters could be
identical parts, wired in single, two or four series-connected banks for
120, 208, 240 or even 460 volts. The 208 and 460 were three phase Wye
connected. Child's play to arrange 120-volt heater sections in series or
parallel for the available power.

Transformers are a waste of iron and copper when variable speed DC motor
controllers with SCR bridges or PID temperature controllers exist with
switching supplies. My temperature controller input power is rated at 85 -
265v, AC or DC. What transformer, with what rating?

Cheers, Mabuhay -RayO, aka Opa!

Be alert- we need more lerts and never do anything you haven't read about in
a book.