[Homeroast] bodum santos replacement gasket?

Benjamin Morgan morgan.benjamin at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 20:41:35 CST 2010

hey everyone,

I'm a long time lurker on this list :) I'm wondering if anyone knows how to
get a replacement rubber gasket for the bodum santos stovetop pot? the
rubber seal is no longer sealing. i can hear air hissing through it, and
draw-down times are up to 5 minutes. I thought the gasket might be hard
(it's about 7 years old), so I boiled it (didn't work), and, per a
suggestion from the interweb, soaked it in WD-40 (didn't work and now it
reeks of wd-40). It's kind of sad to have to buy a whole new setup just to
replace that one part....

thanks
benjamin