[Homeroast] Alp overheated and shut down

Paul Goelz pgoelz at comcast.net
Sun Nov 7 06:37:36 CST 2010

At 11:53 PM 11/6/2010, you wrote:
>My Alpenrost suddenly shut down - no lights or power - about 13
>minutes into a roast tonight and it looks like it overheated. Lotsa
>smoke when I opened the lid. Does it have an over-heat shut-off
>"breaker" or something? Is it dead? It's only ten years old and has
>given me very reliable roasts up until tonight. I have a spare Alp
>that has never had a roast put thru it, so at least I'm still able to roast...
>
>Be well,
>Mike

I don't know how things are at Alp these days but my Alp did
something similar about 8 years ago.  It looked like something on the
board and I called them only to find that the board was not
available.  I told them that was simply not acceptable.... that I now
had an expensive and dead machine that was not repairable.  They
eventually sent me a new machine.

Wow, I never thought about it, but I've been Alpenrosting for over 10
years!  Before that it was the Melita Aromaroast.

Paul

Paul Goelz
Rochester Hills, Michigan USA
pgoelz at comcast.net