[Homeroast] Roasting Jimma

Tom Ulmer tom at transtate.us
Mon Nov 8 07:12:07 CST 2010

Jimma has the most prolific first crack of any coffee I can remember
roasting and it rolls into first hard. I was fortunate in reading here on
the list that you had to hit the brakes hard and used the fan in the midst
of the rolling first. I keep a small turbo fan near my roasting assembly.
Agreed that too high of a temperature at first and you lose what makes this
one special in my opinion.