[Homeroast] Cleaning Behmor

Hank Perkins hankperkins at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 15:08:11 CST 2010

Last night was the first time I had slept in my bed for 2 nights in a row since Oct 17. We got home Friday late and I cleaned the espresso machine. Sat the coffee was was excellent. I had frozen my beans as recommended. What an impact. I had 2 jars that I thought were the same. Wrong. The second we opened this morning and it sucked. Then I remembered it was crap. I got the fresh box from SM out of the trunk  (it arrived at the office the day before I left and unpacked it. I then went to cleaning the Behmor. It was not as dirty I as I remembered but I cleaned it until it shined and did a cleaning burn. Afterwards  I did a roast with 13 oz at 1lb on P1. At the first crack I began cracking the door for 5 sec every 30 sec. I don't know how this will taste but it was the most even roast I have seen out of the Behmor. This load is for drip. Next I roasted  a load of liquid Amber for espresso planning to carry it to a darker level. 2nd crack went on for a while. Total roast time was 18:30 min. The beans are cooling now. They are darker. Which was my objective. Door is open and the chaff is much darker. No doubt I have achieved my objective. Now I must wait a couple of days to taste. Thanks for all the help.

Thanks,
Hank

Sent from my iPhone