[Homeroast] Alp overheated and shut down

Michael Vanecek mike at mjv.com
Sun Nov 7 09:00:11 CST 2010

I need to do an ohm test to be sure - but it may be the thermal fuse. I
took the cover off - ten years of accumulated crud was pretty thick.
Vacuuming helped a lot. They should have made things a little tighter in
there. Anyway, no obvious damage. There's a thermal cut-off that's
supposed to come back on after fifteen minutes, and a thermal fuse that
outright fails. I'll have to replace that sucker. Craig, a then Swissmar
tech, from another forum (found thru Google) recommended a SF152E1 fuse
as a replacement - slightly higher temperature to failure. Anyone know
where I can find one - Google wasn't much help. Everything else works so
good - I could get another ten years out of this roaster and still have
a fresh unused backup to carry me for another 20 years. That's an Alp
for you - either they fail in the first year (my first one did), or keep
chugging away after that.

Be well,
Mike

--