[Homeroast] Heading OT: Single cup brewers

Ira ira at extrasensory.com
Fri Nov 5 02:10:26 CDT 2010

At 06:43 PM 11/4/2010, you wrote:
>...man those player pianos sure are something to watch aren't
>they!  The passion in the programming is just astounding!

Well, I find them magical, not so much in the playing, though the
modern ones are plenty good enough I wish I had the money and space
to have one, but just in the mechanism and the drive to make a player
piano. It will never be the quality of reproduction I hear at Disney
hall, but it's wonderful for what it is. Depressingly, bad coffee is
never really anything but bad coffee.

I understand what you're saying though I believe it's wrong from a
business perspective, but using something that's an almost magical
experience for many people probably misses the point.

Ira