[Homeroast] Single cup brewers

Ira ira at extrasensory.com
Wed Nov 3 22:20:24 CDT 2010

At 01:31 AM 11/3/2010, you wrote:
>The main thing I see as a positive with the Trifecta in particular
>is temperature stability.  The sealed chamber does quite a bit for
>it.  You think your Clever brews are tasty?  Try doing one where the
>temperature doesn't drop 12-16 degrees over the coarse of the 4
>minute brewing cycle.  And that's why you don't see them "in the
>industry."   ;)

I should say that I thought they made a number of mistakes in the
design, the main one being that if you mount it on the counter
between you and the customer, the process is hidden from the customer
and since it's cool to watch I would expect the up-sell from
pre-brewed to single cup would be higher if the customer could see it
happening.  Personally I figured it would fail but I'm guessing I'll
be proven wrong in the end.

Ira