[Homeroast] Single cup brewers

Joseph Robertson theotherjo at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 09:20:40 CDT 2010

Bry,
Nice to hear from someone else in the industry. I really enjoyed myself at
the SCF this year. I did not get back up on Sunday like I wanted. I would
have loved to spend more time on the floor checking out all the new stuff
and buzz going on in our coffee world. Critical to stay up with trends and
market changes.
The coffee world is way bigger than it was when I only home roasted  for
myself.  Not to rant on your rant but I remember as a home roaster I looked
up to professionals who coffee is an everyday event like with our host Tom.
This discussion reminds me so much when I competed in Tavern hard tip darts.
Remember the steel tip dart with the nice cork boards that hung in many bars
and taverns?
What I discovered at a ripe young age of 30 is that if I played with the
pro's and big guys in this world I improved way faster than only throwing
darts at my home board. Same goes for this wonderful world of coffee. This
is why I love hangin' at your's and miKe's shop as much as I can. It has
nothing to do with my numerical age, more with the fact that miKe M. and you
have way more experience with coffee than I have years left on this planet.
Thanks for being part of my coffee world. By the way how is your nose doing
after taking a wooopin' from Sarah? ;^) Sure was fun taking that sensory
exam at the espresso parts booth to find out if I can sniff out earth
tobacco rubber and some fruits. I have a lot of work to do before I can be a
serious cupper. I want that kit. Great to bump into ya Bry and visit if for
just a few minutes at the fest. Say hi to miKe for me.
Be Well,
Joseph