[Homeroast] Single cup brewers

Yakster yakster at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 08:08:42 CDT 2010

I've been anticipating the Kone filter video.  I'm happy with filters but
with a Kone I think I could pour 1200 ml in five minutes instead of nine for
when family visits as I avoid auto-drip makers.  I'm hoping its the drip
machine buster.

How's the taste and sediment in the Kone.

I love my lever espresso too and may some day move on from Behmor to a
Quest, manual can be good, but it does take skill.

The V60 bar at Barefoot or Intelligentsia does move slowly, but that's s
good thing for the coffee.  Hope customers realize this.

-Chris

-Chris

Pecked out on my mobile phone.
On Nov 3, 2010 1:33 AM, "Bryan Wray" <bwray_thatcoffeeguy at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have countless hours in on Clover machines in lab settings, got to play
around for probably a collective 3 hours with the Trifecta this past weekend
at Coffeefest and rock pour-overs all day long on whatever bar I'd happen to
be working on that day... and you know what...
> V60 all the way.  I don't know of a real barista that actually likes those
stupid machines.  If you put time in, you can get some pretty great cups off
of a Clover or a Trifecta, but it's a hellofa lot of work to master one.
> Speaking to the "automation" part:
> Ever use a Behmor?  Ever use one of it's profiles?  Ever use a
programmable Hottop?  Ever use a pump driven espresso machine?  Automation
is all around the home-barista/roaster world.
> I know I'm opening a door that I probably shouldn't when I say this but...
> Man I love how people that "aren't in the industry" bash everyone that is
as if they know exactly what's going on all the time.  Comments referring to
how people won't clammer behind a product unless it is expensive and
automated just frustrate me.  Know what the most talked about item at
Coffeefest was this week?  The K-Cone.  But because you aren't in the
industry you probably have no idea what it is...  Frustrating indeed.
> Venting over.
> The main thing I see as a positive with the Trifecta in particular is
temperature stability.  The sealed chamber does quite a bit for it.  You
think your Clever brews are tasty?  Try doing one where the temperature
doesn't drop 12-16 degrees over the coarse of the 4 minute brewing cycle.
 And that's why you don't see them "in the industry."   ;)
> ... but I still hate the thing.
> -bry

> Bryan Wray
>
> Compass Coffee
>
> 360.831.1480
>
> Bryan at CompassCoffeeRoasting.com
>

> It is my hope that people realize that coffee is more than just a caffeine
delivery service, it can be a culinary art- Chris Owens

homeroast at lists.sweetmariascoffee.com>