[Homeroast] New Behmor user question

Dennis Guyer adg22 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 1 17:45:13 CDT 2010

As a proud owner of a brand new Behmor, I have a question.  I am a veteran of nearly 200 roasts using the IR2.  So I do have some experience with roasting.  However, I have never found a roast/bean/profile that will suit me for drip brewing.  Most of my coffee is made using the Aeropress, but my roasts do not transfer to a good drip experience.  Does anyone have a profile / bean /country that has been your go to coffee for drip brewing? I have never been able to go over to the "dark" side and prefer a lighter roast.  Also, I have been leaning toward Central or South American coffees.  Although that may change now with the Behmor.  BTW, I am very impressed with the quality of the Behmor.  Also the BehmorThing is invaluable in understanding how the roaster works.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Dennis