[Homeroast] BBQ drum roasting

Mike Koenig koenig.mike at gmail.com
Mon May 31 17:29:38 CDT 2010

I was using propane, but I had a lot of trouble trying to get decent roasts
when I attempted a BBQ drum on my Weber.  A lot of what people discussed as
sucessful tips for BBQ roasting just didn't seem to apply to the Weber.  I
think the airflow is different than many other gas grills - works great for
meat, but not so good for coffee.  Since I like the grill for cooking, I
never tried modifying it for coffee.

The right side always seems slightly hotter than the left as well (whether
cooking meat or coffee), which I can only attribute to airflow, since the
burners run left to right.

--mike