[Homeroast] BBQ drum roasting

Mike Chester mchet at charter.net
Mon May 31 14:24:50 CDT 2010

When you switched to NG, did you change the orifices for the burners to the
correct ones for natural gas.  The hole in the NG orifice is larger as NG is
not as dense as LP gas and more is needed for the same heat.  A large
thermal mass will make changing temps sluggish as you have found.  I don't
use a grill roaster, but it seems that if the burners are large enough, you
would get enough heat plus the quick response you are looking for.

Mike Chester