[Homeroast] Gene Cafe Cleaning

Eddie Dove southcoastcoffeeroaster at gmail.com
Mon May 31 09:42:42 CDT 2010

Frank,

Once upon a time, I too, got frustrated with trying to clean the drum
and the metal insert.  In a huff, I reached into the cabinet below the
sink and pulled out the Fast Orange hand cleaner by Permatex (WITHOUT
PUMICE) that I use on my hands to remove grease and grime.  I
slathered it on and let it sit for a bit, maybe 15 minutes.  I grabbed
the metal plate and a stainless steel brush and without much effort,
everything came off and it looked like new.  I used my fingers to
gently rub on the glass drum portion and all of that came off too.
This also works quite well on cleaning the inside of the chaff
collector and the screens therein.

Hope this helps and let us know what you discover.

Respectfully,

Eddie Dove
Docendo Discimus
Home Coffee Roasting Blog and Reference