[Homeroast] Behmor Hack?

raymanowen at gmail.com raymanowen at gmail.com
Sun May 30 21:18:40 CDT 2010

Your question:
"I was wondering if anyone had found a way to add a manual P2-type drop to
the Behmor.

It seems it might be very helpful to lower heat around the time of 1st
crack, no matter what profile one was using at the time.
Any ideas?"

-ignores the fact that a Heat Control is at work to profile the roast
temperatures. If you cause a "brownout" with an autotransformer, plug it in
to my 125v line potential or manually switch the heater off, the Heat
Controller will be seen to be jumping up and down, trying to get the roast
temperature back on track.

>From that point, you will have abrogated the programmed control profile and
assumed the position of Temperature Controller for the duration.  One
wonders just how JB and all the Beta testers missed the all-important
Fiddler's Switch.

Rumor has it the 1750 will have more heater power, Triac control with an
external Fiddler's Pot.

All the misdirected time and expense in designing and proving the machine,
and it lacks the Fiddler's controls.

Cheers, Mabuhay -RayO, aka Opa!

If the Foo bird empties the honey bucket in-flight, Wear It....