[Homeroast] BBQ drum roasting

Justin Schwarz houstini at comcast.net
Sun May 30 17:58:04 CDT 2010

I have always had heat tiles in my bbq, I used them when I had a perforated drum and they stayed in when I built the solid drum.  Today I took them out and put some shiny stainless steel below the burners to reflect some radiant heat upwards and close off the holes in the bottom of the grill.  I did 2 roasts today and I was able to get better response from the burners without those tiles in the way.  Much better profile control on the solid drum.  I just finished initial cupping and I am happy with where things are going now.

-Justin