[Homeroast] Behmor Hack?

Alchemist John john at chocolatealchemy.com
Sun May 30 13:50:19 CDT 2010

As MikeM said, it's just a matter of re-wiring the heater leads
through a variac if you variable control, or a toggle if you just
want to turn them off.  The heater leads are blue, coming off the
upper right had side of the PCB.  If you just want to put a toggle
in, I suggest putting it in via the left hand panel leads.  Just send
me a note off list if you wish if you need more detail (I'm thinking
wiring diagrams which we can't send to the list).  It's really pretty
simple and there is no diagnostic circuit that will cause an error if
you mess with the heaters.  But it should be mentioned, that with
just splicing into the existing profiles won't let you boost the heat
above the profile maximums as the system will just cut off your power.