[Homeroast] Gene Cafe Cleaning

Frank Parth fparth at mac.com
Sun May 30 11:37:23 CDT 2010

About a year ago my GC was just not heating up properly. I contacted Tom Skaling, and he suggested that the outflow
filter was probably clogged. He suggested boiling it in hot water to remove all the gunk that accumulates in there. It
worked perfectly.

Now I'm wondering about the chamber itself. It's gotten pretty gunked up over the hundreds of pounds of coffee I've
roasted, and simple cleaning won't work.

Since it's heat resistant glass (Pyrex?), plastic, and a couple of screws, would it hurt to boil it also? Would that
remove the brown crud on the inside?

Frank Parth