[Homeroast] Behmor Hack?

Bryan Wray bwray_thatcoffeeguy at yahoo.com
Sat May 29 01:32:04 CDT 2010

Far, far less glamorous and exciting than modding the heating element wires, but I always... well... cracked the door, lol.
I guess my Behmor finally died, the second owner told me.
In 2 years of use the roast count went over 1200 batches and just over 1,000 lbs before finally crapping out.  That was with almost no appreciation for warnings in the manual (not that I'm recommending avoiding them).  We used the Behmor in commercial settings when we needed to, often continually running it for 15-20 hours.
Don't think I ever let it run full cooling cycle in between batches and almost always pressed 'Stop' after a minute of the cooling cycle running to take the drum out and dump the beans elsewhere.  Then I'd start the cooling cycle up again and let it run until just cool enough that I could fire off the next batch.
... those things are tanks.

Now I work with new tanks... That there little CCR Hottop over my right shoulder and this here USRC 3k over my left shoulder.   :-p
-bry

Bryan Wray

Nor'West Coffee

360.831.1480

Bryan at NorWestCoffee.com

It is my hope that people realize that coffee is more than just a caffeine delivery service, it can be a culinary art- Chris Owens