[Homeroast] the last of my Haile Selassie Sidamo DP from Sweet Maria's

Greg Hollrigel ghollrigel at gmail.com
Thu May 27 13:29:27 CDT 2010

Here here!  Thank you Sweet Marias.

I am in the same situation, finishing my last batch of a Sidamo from last
Fall.  My senses were opened to berry fruity flavors for the first time on
this bean last November.  I just roasted my last batch about 10 days ago.
Unfortunately, or so I thought, my roast on the Behmor stopped in the middle
of 1st crack.  I thought "Oh, great, I've probably ruined this and will get
grassy coffee".  (I wanted to go about 30 more seconds).  Anyways, I let it
rest about 5 days, the beans look light, but the berry wine flavors are just
singing.  I made an espresso out of it, and that proved to be a bit much for
my palate.  But the drip coffee is fantastic.  I hope the Sidamo Maduro
follows a similar path.

Greg