[Homeroast] the last of my Haile Selassie Sidamo DP from Sweet Maria's

mary deem catechumenes at gmail.com
Tue May 25 19:36:32 CDT 2010

Well I finally broke down and roasted the last of my Haile Selassie Sidamo
DP.  This is not only one of my favorite Ethiopians but my first
introduction to African coffees when I first got into roasting (last
December).  In fact it was literally about the third coffee I had ever
roasted.

I will never forget the first taste of that wonderful mélange of wine,
apricots, honeysuckly, and Vanilla (with a little Earl Grey) tea.  The
flavor profile just blew me away.  I had never tasted coffee like this -
literally!

Now, having roasted many more coffees...some with even more exotic flavor
profiles...I am still amazed by the Haile Selassie Sidamo DP.  If I ever get
bored with this coffee it is because I am bored with life itself.

I roasted this to City in my modified WB Poppery I for 9:15 minutes, hit
first crack at 7:15 min.  Wine, apricots, honey suckle, and that mixture of
vanilla and Earl Grey tea.  Close my eyes and I am back in the kitchen that
mid December night...tasting this for the first time.  In awe that I could
actaully roast...and even more in awe of the beans themselves.

A sincere thanks to everyone at Sweet Marie's for finding such treasures as
this.