[Homeroast] iRoast alternative

Yakster yakster at gmail.com
Tue May 25 18:07:29 CDT 2010

I'm still working out the Behmor cooling technique.  I had planned on
running the cooling cycle for about a minute and then stopping the machine,
pulling the drum and restarting the cool cycle while I dump the beans in the
external bean cooler, but I forgot the Ove Gloves the first time I tried
this and the drum was pretty hot (grabbed a nearby glove and suffered
through it).

I'm thinking of maybe extending the time in the Behmor to more like two
minutes before pulling the drum and having the Ove Gloves handy, probably
with the door open.  I'm not sure what impact this will have on the Behmor,
but I'm hoping that the short time that I stop the machine before restarting
won't cause problems.
I should go try this now.

-Chris