[Homeroast] Fwd: What possessesd me

Barry Luterman lutermanb at gmail.com
Sun May 23 19:02:58 CDT 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Barry Luterman <lutermanb at gmail.com>
Date: Sun, May 23, 2010 at 2:00 PM
Subject: What possessesd me

I am getting ready to move. I have packed up my Cimballi Max Hybrid and am
just using my Mazzer mini for both brewed and spro. Just pulled my self a
shot. I dutifully brushed and vaccued the Mini out. Put in my beans and
ground. After I ground the beans I realized i had forgotten to adjust the
setting of the grinder from this morning and had ground the beans at the
setting I use for my vac pot. I thought what the hell how bad could it be?
The beans I used are great and if I take extra care tamping , settling and
evening out the grinds I can probably get away with it. The shot pre infused
for about 4 sec. I was now hopeful. It pulled a little quickly with some
side spray. Not as much as figured might happen but then again I did take
extra caution in tamping. now on to taste. I have had worse in some
commercial establishments. But never in my own home. Into the sink it went
as it should have had I not been as lazy as I was a few minutes before
actually pulling the shot.What possessed me --Laziness at he expense of good
coffee. Never again so help me SM.