[Homeroast] iRoast alternative

Brian Kamnetz bkamnetz at gmail.com
Sat May 22 11:59:53 CDT 2010

I would add that, in my experience, Poppery I (they are labeled just
"Poppery") poppers are very rare. I used to hit the thrift stores a
lot, first in New Mexico, then here in SC, and I saw a grand total of
1 Poppery popper.  They may be more common in specific parts of the
country.

It is quite easy to add a switch to the heater in the Poppery II. I
found instructions on the internet that were very complete, with
photos. I am not at all handy or knowledgeable about electrical or
electronic things, and I was able to easily add a switch to several
Poppery II poppers. The tools required are a drill and 1/2 inch (I
think) bit, and pliers, electrical tape, etc.

Brian