[Homeroast] Technique

Mike Koenig koenig.mike at gmail.com
Thu May 20 19:28:12 CDT 2010

Allon,

Pretty similar to my routine, except I thwack the doser and dispense into
the portafilter while the beans are grinding.  I also don't apply too much
pressure while turning the tamper, so as to not disrupt the seal between the
puck and the basket with excess force (same reason I stopped knocking the
PF).  My tamper is heavy so I just let the weight of it polish the puck.

--mike