[Homeroast] Roasters

Allon Stern allon at radioactive.org
Thu May 20 08:48:05 CDT 2010

On May 20, 2010, at 4:22 AM, raymanowen at gmail.com wrote:

> Variacs, and most other transformers are not electronic mufflers. Put spikes
> and brownouts in, and that's exactly what you will get out unless you stand
> there and keep varying your Variac.

Okay, put on a ferroresonant transformer.

Variacs will allow for trimming out-of-spec voltage, as long as it's constantly out of spec.

I think the main problem is that the control system of the iRoast *LIES*; if you adjust your "profile" with an understanding of the lies, then you can get good roasts out of it.

I've mostly switched to heatgun roasting, though I do still occasionally use the iRoast (like when its raining - heatgun roasting is an outdoors activity)

-
allon